Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My monkey broke the bed...

Monday nights are Bible study nights at my house.

Rodney is usually home to get the kids in bed for me, but this week he was at work late.

So what I do is get all the kids ready for bed, put them upstairs with a movie, and after prayer requests I skip upstairs to tuck them in.

Not tonight...

Tonight the kids were being so sweet and Anna was reading books to Grace and Joshua.

Until...

Grace decides to jump on Joshua's bed.

I heard a loud noise (that' pretty normal), but then the kids started yelling "the bed is broke!"

So I ran upstairs and this is what I saw...





Grace must have hit the stress point on the bed, because it split all the way down the side!

Joshua is now sleeping on his mattress on the floor.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Oh my...that is a good break isn't it!!!

Makes me remember a funny thing that happened to our bed. In the middle of the night our bed suddenly broke on my side (didn't make me feel too good knowing it was my side that did it and I'm the lighter one than my husband!!!). I was sound asleep and thought I was dreaming and going to die (hehe). Then I see my husband round my side of the bed looking at it and I realise as I come to reality that the bed actually did break and I was about a foot lower than I was!!! It was quite funny really. As it was the middle of the night my husband just got 2 large drawers out of our chest of drawers and propped the bed up on them!!! Then we went back to sleep a little more carefully this time. Its now all fixed up but it was hilarious really.

I don't think there'll be any more cheeky monkeys bouncing on the bed for awhile in your house!

Anna

charlotte said...

NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!!!!!!!!!!! Joshua learned that lesson early. :)

Stacey and Dewey said...

Now I just can't imagine a little cutie like Grace could break a bed :) I'm not a wood expert but that sort of looks like a not fixable break, ouch... I'm glad now I brought bunkbeds, the boys will have a hard time jumping and breaking them.

Stacey

Andrea said...

um...whoops!!! hehe

It's 'just' a bed right Mom?!!!!!

hehe

Andrea

just got caught up on your blog...sheesh I love your pix!!!