Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another VERY full weekend! LOTS of pictures!


This weekend was all about soccer, the Boys and Girls Country, and ...MUD!

Yep, that's a typical spring day for us...lots of cold, squishy mud. And I love every minute of it.


Lets start from the beginning though.


Rodney taught Joshua how to help with the lawn. He learned how to use the blower this weekend. I don't know about you, but I just love watching daddies teach their little boys how to do big boy chores! It is so fun!




Grace had her final soccer game and end of season party on Saturday afternoon. Wouldn't you know that after a season on socializing on the field, she finally got into the whole idea of playing... on the LAST game. I love it! She was goalie and stopped all but 2 of the goals! We all enjoyed cheering her on!





Saturday evening was the highlight of my weekend.

We took the whole family to the Boys and Girls Country. Rodney and I along with our Sunday school class sponsor a cottage of boys out there. What that means is that we help with birthdays and holidays. We don't like to stop there though.

Nope.

We felt led to spend time with the boys each month, eat dinner, and just play. We love them so much. I can't post pictures, but I truly wish you could see the faces of the boys when they are interacting with everyone. Our family, two other couples, and our good friend Brian (also the class leader) went out and spent hours with the boys.

Did I mention I brought cupcakes?? And that NO ONE noticed!!!

They only wanted to spend time with us. That is what meant the most.

I also enjoyed watching my kids play with everyone. They had such a great time and even learned a few things about manners from the boys.

Here is the best thing... I have such a WONDERFUL husband!!! God gave me such a strong man, and at the same time he has such a tender heart for the boys. He is such a good father to our kids, and he left the dinner on Saturday night wanting to do so much more for the kids! I love him for that!! I feel so blessed that God knew exactly the perfect person for me. He knew I would feel led to mission work and Rodney understands, supports, and in many ways feels the same as I do. What a great God!!

Sunday we went to church and shared with the rest of our Sunday school class how the dinner went. I can't help it... I cried.

After church we went to lunch and then it was MUD TIME!!




What a great weekend!!!

Oh...wait....

Did I forget to mention that Joshua decided he wanted to be in UNDERWEAR!!!

Sunday morning he wakes up, goes to church, out to lunch, quick trip to Target, and spends the whole day in underwear! He did great too! Now we have to keep going. OH MY!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hello,
I just found your blog from Andreas.
I really LOVE your photos! So gorgeous. You take wonderful photos.
That is so great what you do with the Boys and Girls Country. And having a look at your blog...the Now I lay me down to Sleep website. Wow...that is so amazing and what a special thing to be able to do for those families at such a difficult time.

God Bless,
Anna

charlotte said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend. The Boys and Girls Club sounds very uplifting but heartbreaking. Any time kids are involved it always tugs on the heartstrings. Good for Gracie w/ the soccer!!! Maybe next year she'll be ready to go at the beginning of the season. :) Can't believe you made me wait to read your blog to tell me my godson is almost potty trained. Fingers crossed. Can't wait for his first overnight with us!!! Go Joshua!!!

Stacey and Dewey said...

What a fabulous weekend. Doesn't it start your week out so much better when you can look back at an amazing weekend and be thankful for a blessed life?
And I LOVE the mud pics, whats better then mud between your toes? :)
Have a great week
Stacey