Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New paint, new furniture, same old toy mess. :)




Remember long before Hurricane Ike....

I told you I was painting my house....

Well I finally have some pictures for you.

And because we had all that time to spend sitting in the house together, we decided to get some new furniture. Here are some to start with, but remember it takes me a LONG time to decorate!! :)

Here is the breakfast room, it used to be a baby blue. That is some new artwork on the wall. We will get to that later. 




Here is the view of the living room, with the new furniture. 
(and the new  TV)

Here are some really cool shutter doors that are going on the wall somewhere. 


My pretty rustic red dining room. The downstairs bathroom is the same color. (This color is my favorite!!!)



Here is that metal art from the kitchen. I think I am going to get two more, because that space needs something larger.


Here is another view of the living room. That chair to the left of the fireplace is my new "sitting" chair. I LOVE it!!


Here is the kids playroom, right side. 

That is our new train set, courtesy of the Boys and Girls Country garage sale last weekend. And who is that rugrat over there on the table?? Can you see him??



Anna's new paint color in her room.


The other side of the kids playroom. That furniture is the old stuff from downstairs.


5 comments:

charlotte said...

Love the "new" house! I really like the colors, especially Anna's room. The girl has good taste. :) Everything looks really nice furniture-wise too. Looks all pulled together now. Why didn't the tv go over the mantle like originally planned? Probably due to cables. I like the pic of the kids over the mantle still.

arc10912 said...

Everything looks sooooo pretty.... The doors are cool where did you get them??

Anna said...

Wow...you've been busy!!

I love all the things you've done and the painting colour scheme is great.

Anna

MMm&m said...

Love your new "decor"!!! And so glad to hear everything turned out fine after Ike.....hope to see yall soon!!
Martha

Stacey and Dewey said...

Wow LOVE the remodel!!! Great paint colors, it all looks so warm. And new furniture too, fun!!! Love the Metal artwork, the squares color the whole thing!!
Congrats, your home looks simply beautiful!!
Have a great weekend!
Stacey