Friday, May 30, 2008

I had a wonderful birthday!

Well I wasn't going to post about my birthday, but I have to tell everyone involved with yesterday....THANK YOU!!! I had a wonderful time!!


I started the day baking with Grace. She wanted to make me a cake with a pony on it. She even went into great detail about how to get the icing in the bag for decorating. (all those cake decorating shows on PBS)




My sweet friends Crista, Sarah, Amber, Doris, and Julie brought over lots of goodies for a YUMMY brunch!! (I even had extra breakfast tacos for this morning!! YUM!!)








And for my birthday I bought the kids a little pool. Now why would I buy them something??

Hours of enjoyment for the kids...hours of peace for mommy!!

Even better...Ammie came up to take me out to lunch and she helped fill the pool up!! We also took a quick trip out to the new outlet mall. (next time we'll go without the kids so we can focus on the shopping!!)







Now what about that cake you say???

You want to see the pony???


Well...we didn't get that far. Around 9pm last night we decided to just slap some icing on it and eat!!



But first...SOMEONE had to sing me "Happy Birthday" before they got any cake!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!! What a wonderful day it sounds like you had with your family and friends.

It was my birthday too this week...great to spend some time with family...shame about the getting 'older' bit! (hehe!)

Have a wonderful weekend,
Anna

Stacey and Dewey said...

Happy happy BIRTHDAY!!!
It sounds like you had a simply wonderful day, family, good friends what a perfect birthday!!
And the cake looks great just the way it is, I'm sure it was even better with your own singers.
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey

charlotte said...

Glad you had a good birthday! I was happy to be a part of it with you and the kiddos. The cake looks delicious!

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!

(belated...sorry!...but it's kinda my style when it comes to important events...sigh...)

Your kids are just TOO cute!

Andrea